Sifton Park is one of seven residential neighbourhoods in the Clareview district, and bounded on three sides by major roadways and by the Kennedale Ravine to the south. The Sifton Park area was first subdivided in 1912 during one of Edmonton’s early land booms. Despite its early start, the area remained beyond the bounds of urban development for many years.
In 1961 the Sifton Park area, along with much of present day northeast Edmonton, was annexed to the City of Edmonton. Through the 1960s the future of Sifton Park remained uncertain, because of concerns over residential development in the area because of the proximity to petro-chemical and other major industrial operations. The concerns were resolved by 1972 when Edmonton’s City Council approved development of the first phase of the Clareview Outline Plan area. New plans of subdivision for Sifton Park were apprMuch of the residential land in Sifton Park was developed before 1977 as the construction industry raced to keep pace with Edmonton’s oil-driven economic boom. By the end of the 1970s development was essentially complete. The community’s educational and recreational facilities are located at the centre of the neighbourhood. A number of pathways promote pedestrian and bicycle travel through the neighbourhood.